The Value Hidden in Unstructured Data — The Cost of Doing Nothing
- agosto 31, 2021
Neither manual mining of data nor Artificial Intelligence can make assessments with unstructured reports and raw diagnostic images. Advocate AI transforms this imaging data with free text reports into structured content that allows Machine Learning (ML) algorithms to integrate the converted data into meaningful workflow processes. Moreover, visualization of the processed data can now provide insights into the patient’s engagement and progression of care.
Organizations that participate in NTT DATA’s Advocate AI Services can leverage data-cooperative services to convert archived imaging study data into data assets and create the opportunity to monetize their data. The descriptive information in the reports and pixel data provide AI tools capable of assisting physicians and caregivers in seeing patterns within the patient disease or early detection of disease, which leads to patient population classification so crucial in managing chronic disease.
How will Artificial Intelligence (AI) impact my healthcare organization and patient outcomes?
NTT DATA Advocate AI provides a foundation to support the adoption and evaluate AI tools. Thus, NTT DATA clients have opportunities to accelerate the impact of AI and generate revenue. The benefits are numerous, including:
- AI improves quality. Using existing images and results, AI extracts data that allow healthcare organizations to review and determine areas of risk or missed revenue that can lead to operational improvement opportunities. Industry research has demonstrated “at least one recommendation for follow-up in 11% of imaging studies.” Some data shows only “approximately 9% of patients receive communication regarding the incidental finding the recommendation for follow-up care.”
- AI improves patient satisfaction. Ensuring patients receive the proper care are the right time is crucial to early detection and disease management. AI can classify current patient health to determine at-risk patients and treatment for chronic illnesses. AI output from imaging adds unique elements into patient profiles and population health that can create patterns that turn into service line development and planning opportunities.
- AI impacts long-term costs. Analytics derived from existing unstructured data can provide metrics regarding patient recommendations for further care. Advocate AI can extract those metrics to provide structured data to allow organizations to elicit the volume of patients that have not been compliant in follow-up care. The extracted data can also produce reportable metrics to evaluate and reduce leakage. AI can also integrate assets and disparate systems to EMRs and EHRs, using natural language processing to convert unstructured reports to structure data.
- AI can improve workflows. Healthcare professionals got into healthcare to treat patients; however, much of their day is spent on non-patient care responsibilities. “AI can reduce 70% of the administrative time from the activities of healthcare professionals.” AI insights allow organizations to automate processes that will “gain situational awareness, prioritize resources, optimize asset utilization.”
- Automation of AI Evaluation. Much of AI for medical imaging is dependent on training data sets. This dependency can result in different outcomes from baseline of care because of differences in imaging techniques, patient characteristics or settings of specificity and sensitivity. Reducing the impact of adopting AI into your clinical practice requires the ability to extract baseline outcomes and create data sets that are de-identified for research purposes. Advocate AI automates this process so clients can compare vendor tools to a baseline, understand the impact of AI revisions from existing vendors, and potentially identify partnerships with AI software companies that bring mutual benefits to advancing AI.
Advocate AI can create a revenue source from your unstructured data
AI development and pharmaceutical vendors are starving for real-world evidence. By licensing de-identified data, Advocate AI provides instant access to allow training and evaluations that previously had high costs of acquisition and longer cycles to get to the data analytics.
Advocate AI provides secure licensing client data through NTT DATA’s Advocate AI data cooperative that provides a passive income stream into your organization with minimal investment. “Staying ahead of sudden deterioration and chronic illnesses is a goal shared by many providers. AI enables healthcare organizations to do just that by serving as a backbone for technologies such as predictive analytics and clinical decision support systems.”
Advocate AI provides the tools to allow the hidden value in your existing data to be realized. Let NTT DATA Advocate AI Services put your data to work for you.