The following steps will help you as you define your governance process:
- Implement a strong Governance structure before starting your mobile journey – clearly identifying the most qualified leaders for the initiative – Delivery Manager, Project Manager, Leads (Architect, UX, BA, Mobile etc).
- Put some rigor into expectations management with key stakeholders – this sounds simple but can be a challenge, especially in new areas like mobile where sometimes traditional strategies and approaches don't always work and timelines and expectations can be different.
- Establish strong processes for deployment, release management, environmental promotions, etc. BEFORE the project starts and ensure buy-in from the entire team.
- Drive strong communication practices including peer reviews, code reviews, architecture reviews, etc.
- Select your methodologies VERY carefully – an agile fixed-price project is a recipe for disaster.
- Ensure you have the right people for the right roles – PMs, UX, Bas, Architects and Mobile developers and testers.
While recognized as a rapidly maturing market for businesses, mobility also has the ability to cause disruption – good governance can help alleviate this.
The key to good governance can be summed up in two words: No surprises! Ensure that your customer is part of this journey with you – share what you are developing early and often.
Fecha de publicación: 10/10/2014